Team Hope is a registered company (company number: 359820) with charitable status (CHY 14524) and registered with the Irish Charities Regulator (CRA Number: 20047627).
As a charity Team Hope is committed to good governance, transparency and accountability in all its operations. This commitment is led by Team Hope’s board of directors who are responsible for the good governance of the organisation. Our board of directors is voluntary and unpaid, with members appointed based on providing the variety of skills and experience necessary for effective oversight.
Team Hope’s board has adopted the Dóchas Code of Corporate Governance for NGO’s as well as the Charities Regulator Governance Code, both of which set standards of best practice for charitable organisations.
To ensure that it keeps in line with best practice Team Hope is a member a number of networks. Team Hope is a member of the Charities Institute of Ireland and has been awarded Triple Locked status as a charity which upholds the highest standards in transparent reporting, good fundraising and governance. We are a member of The Wheel, a network for Irish charities which shares learning, provides training, promotes standards and engages in advocacy on behalf of its members. Team Hope is also a member of BOND, a UK based network for international development organisations.
Where your money goes
In line with our commitment to transparency and accountability Team Hope publishes annual audited accounts in line with the Charities Statement of Recommended Practices (SORP).
In our most recent audited accounts for 2021/22, 95% of Team Hope’s expenditure was spent on direct charitable activities and the remaining 5% covered support costs, governance and the cost of raising funds.
NB. The above is based on total income including estimated cost of gifts in kind as shown in Team Hope’s most recent audited accounts.
Dóchas Code of Conduct on Images and Messages
Team Hope has adopted the Dóchas Code of Corporate Governance for Irish Development NGOs, developed in conjunction with the Corporate Governance Association of Ireland.
Team Hope is a signatory to the Dóchas Code of Conduct on Images & Messages.
Dóchas is the Irish Association of Non-Governmental Development Organisations. It is a meeting place and a leading voice for organisations that want Ireland to be a world leader in efforts to bring about global justice.
By signing the Dóchas Code of Conduct on Images and Messages, Team Hope has committed that in its use of images and messages, it will comply with the principles of the Code:
- Respect for the dignity of the people concerned;
- Belief in the equality of all people;
- Acceptance of the need to promote fairness, solidarity and justice.
If you have any comments or suggestions about Team Hope’s use of images and messages, please check out our feedback and complaints page. Further details of the Dóchas Code of Conduct on Images and Messages are available from the Dóchas website.