Team Hope Donor Charter
This Donor Charter summarises and clarifies, the commitments that Team Hope as a registered charity, is making to its current and potential donors, with regard to its public fundraising activities. While acknowledged and trusted for helping vulnerable children overseas with donor support, Team Hope also appreciates the personal trust and high expectations from donors, in getting this help directly into the hands of vulnerable children overseas.
Team Hope strives for best practice in our fundraising and as a result has adopted the Charities Regulator Guidelines for Charitable Organisations Fundraising from the Public.
Based on our Christian ethos and core values, our pledge is to treat all donors with the utmost respect, honesty and openness. Our commitment is to be accountable and transparent so that donors and prospective donors, can have full trust and confidence in Team Hope. We commit to being good stewards of everything that we are entrusted with and to remain beyond reproach, at all times.
Under this donor charter, Team Hope specifically commits that donors and prospective donors will:
- Be informed of the organisation’s mission and of the way the organisation intends to use donated resources
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on the organisation’s governing board and that the board will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities
- Have access to the organisation’s most recent financial statements
- Be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given
- Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition for your direct support including where possible personalised stories of our overseas partners helping vulnerable children
- Be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law
- Expect that all relationships with individuals representing the charity will be dealt with professionally and cordially
- Be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organisation or hired third party agents
- Have readily available the agreed procedure for making and responding to complaints
- Have the opportunity for any names to be deleted from mailing lists and to be informed if the organisation intends to share the mailing lists with third parties
- Receive prompt truthful and forthright answers to questions you may have of Team Hope