Role Description: Team Hope CEO
Job Title: CEO (fixed term 5 years, with option for renewal)
Reporting to: Team Hope Board of Directors
Hours per week: 38
Date Position Available From: 1st April 2018
Team Hope is an Irish, Interdenominational Christian Development Aid Charity, working with children, and through them, into their families and communities in Eastern Europe, former Soviet Union and Africa.
Best known for our Annual Christmas Shoebox Appeal, Team Hope also helps children all year round through a variety of community development projects in over a dozen countries. We have a proven history of being able to reach families facing poverty using our network of long-standing local partners. We work with people facing poverty irrespective of race, religion, ethnicity or background.
In 2016, we launched a five-year strategic plan. Our goals include increasing the number of children reached through the shoe box appeal, growing our community development project work, and developing a new product-based programme. We are looking for a new CEO with the spiritual maturity, passion and professional excellence to lead the organisation into the future.
The CEO will be responsible to the Board for delivering Team Hope’s strategic plan. The CEO will provide strategic leadership and direction for Team Hope and as well as ensuring that the organisation is managed cost effectively and to a high, professional standard. The CEO will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing human resources within Team Hope, including the Team Hope volunteers. The CEO will manage Team Hope’s marketing and communications strategies and new product development activities.
This role will be based in the Team Hope office and will involve evening and weekend work and international travel. Team Hope will work with the successful candidate to manage this as we recognise and value the need for work-life balance on our staff team.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform that may be required either now or in the future.
Team Hope is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Strategic development and performance
- Lead Team Hope to achieve the strategic objectives set by the Board.
- Be responsible for the overall performance of the organisation, and ensure that the organisation is meeting the performance goals and standards set by the Board.
- Manage and accountable for Team Hope’s financial accounts and maintain the financial sustainability of the organisation (developing budgets, overseeing expenditure, audit, fundraising, etc.)
- Implement and manage good governance procedures.
- Act a brand ambassador for Team Hope.
- Oversee and manage Team Hope’s marketing and communications strategies.
- Identify and build strategic relationships with partners and other key stakeholders.
- Implement and manage best practice monitoring and reporting for international partners and projects.
- Have people management responsibility for a team that will report directly into the CEO
- Oversee, develop and mentor the Team Hope employees.
This will include creating an environment in which employees are clear about their individual roles and responsibilities, feel supported and are accountable to the organisation; facilitating professional development and on-going training for employees; ensuring that employees are set achievable and challenging professional and personal goals that are appraised.
- Ensure new staff are recruited, inducted and trained to a high standard.
- Oversee and develop the management of Team Hope volunteers.
- Oversee the implementation of and adherence to relevant policies and procedures relating to human resources including volunteers, day to day operations and health and safety, ensuring that all work is conducted within the context of good governance guidelines.
- Maintain overall responsibility and accountability for day to day operations of Team Hope including health and safety, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, budgeting and audit.
- Attend Team Hope Board meetings.
- Attend and conduct appraisals and training as required.
- Such other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
Person specification: skills, experience and qualifications
Team Hope is looking for a person with a proven record in management and being responsible to deliver strategic objectives. The successful candidate will be responsible to the Team Hope Board for the delivery of agreed results and outcomes.
- Demonstrable identification and alignment with Team Hope’s Christian ethos and development vision.
- 3rd level degree qualification.
- Proven leadership ability and energetic application.
- Proven track record of managing and leading a team of direct reports
- Proven ability to deliver performance objectives.
- Track record of at least 3 years’ experience of managing effectively in a company/organisation.
- Proven interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to build, empower and work with a team.
- Proven ability in financial oversight and controls.
- Proven ability in marketing and communication.
- Knowledge of working in international development.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and a proven ability to engage in fundraising.
- Track record of effectively managing organisational change.
- Track record of effectively leading a strategic planning process (in the charity sector).
- Track record of managing in the charity/not for profit sector.
- Track record of effective work in international development.
- Proven experience of working as part of a voluntary board.
- Proven experience of managing governance.
- Proven and successful marketing and communication skills.
- Proven experience of digital marketing and social media.
- Proven experience of effective working with volunteers.
- Knowledge of the legal frameworks for human resources management.
- Knowledge of working as part of a voluntary board in managing the governance aspects of a charity/not-for-profit organisation
- Proven ability to oversee IT systems; working knowledge of MS Office, Skype, Google Apps.
To apply for the position of CEO please send the following documents by email to Steven Singleton, Chairperson, Team Hope Board, firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter, outlining your experience and suitability (by way of specific examples) for the post and your reason for applying.
- Full CV and contact information.
- Contact details for 3 referees.
Your current employer will not be contacted without your permission.
Closing date for applications: 22nd January 2018
First interview: 26th January 2018
Second interview: 5th February 2018