- Are your accounts audited ?
Yes, our accounts are fully audited annually and filed with both the Companies Registration Office and the Charities Regulatory Authority.
- Where can I see your accounts ?
In addition to the Companies Registration Office, our last three year’s audited accounts are available in the About Us section of the Team Hope website.
- Is Team Hope a registered Charity ?
Yes, our charity number is CHY14524, and we are members of The Wheel.
- Do you comply with a charity code of governance ?
Yes, we comply with the Dóchas Code of Corporate Governance for international development NGOs.
- Are there any other codes you comply with ?
We also comply with the Dóchas Code of conduct on Images and Messages, and the Irish Charities Tax Research Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
- Who is your CEO ?
Niall Barry is our CEO/Executive Director, with almost thirty years’ experience of development work in Africa. He has been our Executive Director since 2002.
- What is your CEO’s salary ?
His salary is €67,700 per annum.
- Does he have a pension ? What does it cost per annum ?
He receives a pension contribution of 20% per annum, which is paid into a separately administered pension fund.
- Does he receive any other benefits ?
- Are your Directors paid Directors fees or any other benefits ?
All our directors are volunteers and do not receive any fees or benefits.
- What percentage of your income goes on overheads or administration ?
We are very careful with how we spend your money and in 2015 7.3% of our turnover went on overheads, communication and administration.
- If I give a gift for a specific development aid project, how much of that money goes to that project ?
Between 90 – 100% (depending on the project) of your gift goes directly to the project.
- Since you fund projects overseas through partner organisations, how can you be sure that the money is spent as you intend ?
We have built up long-standing relationships with our international partners who, in turn, are respected organisations in their own countries. We monitor all funding carefully, with well defined accountability and reporting structures in place.
- How can you guarantee that the Christmas Shoeboxes all go to the poor children you intend to get them ?
We meet and work throughout the year with our international partners, who in turn work with local structures (government social welfare offices, churches etc) to set up procedures to ensure that it’s the neediest children who get Christmas Shoeboxes. Our staff and volunteers travel to see the shoeboxes being distributed and all our partners are required to return detailed reporting of where the boxes went.
- Since you work with schools and children, are all your staff and volunteers Garda vetted ?
All our staff are Garda vetted. We have over 2000 volunteers, and any of whose roles the Garda require vetting, are also vetted.
- Do you include religious materials in the Christmas Shoeboxes that are given to children ?
- Are you able to claim tax back from the Irish Government, on any gifts I make ?
Yes, as an Irish registered charity we can benefit from the Government tax back scheme where your gift exceeds €250 and you complete the Revenue form required to support our claim.
- Do you receive any Government funding ?
In recent years we have received no Government funding.