Team Hope visited a school in Ngangani, Machackos County in Kenya last year to help our partners distribute some of the Ready-Made Shoeboxes. These are some stories about the children who received the boxes:
- Mutheu has 3 brothers and at 12 years old he is the eldest in the family. He can’t decide whether he likes the pen or the ball he got in his shoebox most. In the end he chooses the pen because he’d like to be a teacher when he grows up!
- Mary is in grade 4 and she loved the lolly pop she got and the way it turned her tongue blue! She is 9 years old and in Grade 4 in school. She liked the exercise books in her shoebox the most because she says she likes education so much! She wants to be a pilot when she grows up.
- Mutura is 10 years old and likes the socks he got in his shoebox the best. He’d like to be a carpenter when he grows up.
- Vaati is 7 years old and he loves the noisy football flute he got in his shoebox the best. We’re sure he’s going to put it to good use! He’d like to be a driver when he grows up so he’ll practise making car horn noises with it!
- Margaret is aged 11 and she likes the books and pens in her shoebox the best as she wants to be a doctor when she grows up. She’s the middle child in amongst 6 sisters and speaks very good English!
- Susan is 6 years old, she has 1 sister and she likes the toothpaste in her shoebox the best.
- Mary is in grade 4 and is 9 years old. She has 2 younger sisters and she was delighted to have got some socks in her shoebox!
- Peter is 7 years old and wants to be a doctor too. He likes the pen he got in his shoebox the best.
Hear from a teacher at the Primary School in Ngangani about the impact Ready-Made Shoeboxes had last year with the children HERE
Take a look at our 90 second video of children ion Brundi which has been viewed by over 50 million people world wide.
Click in to our main Christmas Shoebox Appeal pages here where you can read about this, watch this years DVD and so much more.